Saturday 6 February 2016

preliminary task evaluation






I think that our piece of film demonstrates continuity reasonably well, in terms of mise en scene I think that the costume was quite well thought out. Lauren's face paint matched the narrative and added to our characterisation  For props we used School folders to put emphasis that it was set in school. Even though the setting was a school and we filmed it in a school, I don’t think that the set was quite right. To make it more effective I think that we could have used different lighting as I feel the lighting we used was too naturalistic. We used tracking in our piece when Franchesca is walking down the corridor, I think that this was effective because again it matched the narrative and it also added a bit of suspense.












We have demonstrated match on action, shot reverse shot and the 180-degree rule in our film clip. These editing techniques are helpful because they kept every thing in the clip clear and orientated.

If we didn’t include match on action, the scene when Franchesca walked into the room would have looked very basic as we would have just ended up tracking her into the room, if we had tracked her into the room, it could have looked more like a point of view shot.



Shot reverse shot was helpful because it gave a clear indication that there was a conversation going on. It also put emphasis on the more dominant character by giving them the last shot.
 

The 180- degree rule helped as it allows the viewer to keep their bearings of what thy are looking at so that they don’t get disorientated and confused.

Using all three of these editing techniques was useful to us because it gave us an opportunity to practice using them and it made us think about where we would use them and why.

If feel that our group worked well together because we gave ideas that joined together to make one big idea. We all thought of details that worked well together, however, if they were used individually they may not have been as effective.

I think that if we were to film this again we could improve on our mise en scene. Even though we used face paint and school folders to build on our characterisation, we could have used a better setting that fit the narrative a lot better. I also think that we could have made the sound a bit more original as we used the same soundtrack that we used on another piece that we had created prior to this piece.

I think that we planned our film reasonably well. I think to improve it we could have thought up a whole narrative as that would have made us have a clearer understanding of what we need to incorporate in the clip that we created.

We didn’t use transition in our piece, if we had I think that a fade to black could have effective as it would have been effective because it would have given a bit of suspense to the clip, rather that it moving on so quickly.

Whilst doing this exercise it has helped me develop my editing skills. Even though I had used iMovie before, I still wasn’t that up to scratch with how to use the it. I now know how to include sound into a project and I have improved a lot when lining shots up and cutting them to a certain time.


Whilst constructing this film, I now have a much bigger understanding of the effect a dolly has on the quality of filming. I got the chance to use a different camera to what I have used previously and therefore I had to learn about how to use it effectively (getting it to focus).

No comments:

Post a Comment